This page has information that pertains to DIA operations related to the 2020 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Any new or updated information will be posted here as it is released. Below you will find links to relevant State agency websites, frequently-asked questions, and other specific information for the various areas that DIA is responsible for regulating.
Frequently-Asked Questions and Guidance
Get answers to frequently-asked questions about COVID-19 related to DIA, food safety, health care facilities, and more. For the most up-to-date list of FAQs, please view our ongoing content on the following topics:
- Iowa vaccine information
- Vaccines, visitation, and other topic Q&As for long-term care and other post-acute care facilities [March 31, 2021]
- Visitation guidance for long-term care facilities [March 18, 2021]
- FAQs for health care facilities [Feb. 12, 2021]
- FAQs for bars, restaurants, hotels, and other food establishments [Feb. 8, 2021]
- Guidance for concession stands, temporary food events, and farmers markets [Feb. 8, 2021]
- Memo: Resumption of annual recertification surveys for LTC facilities [Jan. 22, 2021]
- CDC: Guidance impacting TB testing in healthcare facilities [Jan. 22, 2021]
- Waivers for health care facilities (PDF) [Jan. 11, 2021]
- CDC: COVID-19 vaccine communication toolkit for essential workers
Other Information and Links
For those who wish to assist during the pandemic:
Certified nursing assistants who are interested in assisting acute or long-term care facilities that become overwhelmed during this COVID-19 outbreak or suffer a loss of staff due to illness, please follow these instructions:
- Create an account and a profile on the i-Serv website.
- In order to assist, it is important that you complete the online profile with your CNA certificate/Direct Care Worker Registry information to be eligible for deployment. Once a profile is completed in the system, you must click on "SAVE."
- You will then receive an email from "@notify2.mir3.com" that verifies that you created or updated an account. You will receive notification from "iowaresponds" with information if you are being requested to deploy.
View COVID-19 frequently-asked questions for health facilities for more information.