This page has information that pertains to DIA operations related to the 2020 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Any new or updated information will be posted here as it is released. Below you will find links to relevant State agency websites, frequently-asked questions, and other specific information for the various areas that DIA is responsible for regulating.
Frequently-Asked Questions and Guidance
Get answers to frequently-asked questions about COVID-19 related to DIA, food safety, health care facilities, and more. For the most up-to-date list of FAQs, please view our ongoing content on the following topics:
- Summary of enhanced public health measures (Effective Nov. 17-Dec. 10)
- FAQs for Bars, restaurants, hotels, and other food establishments
- FAQs for Health care facilities
- Guidance for long-term care facilities for visitation and testing
- Guidance for concession stands, temporary food events, and farmers markets
- Waivers for health care facilities
Other Information and Links
For those who wish to assist during the pandemic:
Certified nursing assistants who are interested in assisting acute or long-term care facilities that become overwhelmed during this COVID-19 outbreak or suffer a loss of staff due to illness, please follow these instructions:
- Create an account and a profile on the i-Serv website.
- In order to assist, it is important that you complete the online profile with your CNA certificate/Direct Care Worker Registry information to be eligible for deployment. Once a profile is completed in the system, you must click on "SAVE."
- You will then receive an email from "@notify2.mir3.com" that verifies that you created or updated an account. You will receive notification from "iowaresponds" with information if you are being requested to deploy.
View COVID-19 frequently-asked questions for health facilities for more information.
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, our food safety inspectors have been unable to perform regular inspections for your businesses. If you have a food establishment in one of the counties that is licensed and inspected by DIA and would like to schedule a voluntary, non-regulatory virtual food safety check with one of our food inspectors, please complete the virtual food safety request form.