The Iowa Food Protection Task Force provides Iowa’s food vendors with a library of resources to ensure their facilities are clean and their products are safe for consumption. Resources available range from farmers market safety guidelines to information for food processing facilities . You can use these resources to familiarize yourself with the basic requirements, best practices, and recommendations associated with your specific business.
In order to provide the best, most thorough resources available, the task force consists of members at the state, federal, and local levels in a variety of government positions, trade associations, academic roles, and more.
- Waivers & Specialized Food Processes (HAACP)
- Certified Food Protection Manager resources
- Employee Health Reporting Agreement
Food Emergency Resources
- Food emergency pocket guide available upon request
- Food safety during a power outage
- Guidance for food establishments during a water advisory
- Reopening your food establishment after flooding
Iowa Sales Tax on Food
Learn which food categories are taxable or tax exempt in Iowa and how you can use this information as a business or a citizen.
Alcohol and Tobacco Licensing
Visit the State of Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division (ABD) website to learn about alcohol and tobacco certification and licensing protocols.