Iowa Code section 103A.9 provides that factory built structures, which include manufactured homes and modular homes and other modular buildings and structures, are subject to provisions of the State Building Code.
You may contact the Building Code Bureau by phone at 515.725.6145, electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or regular mail to Building Code Bureau, Dept. of Inspections, Appeals, and Licensing, 215 E 7th St, Des Moines, IA 50319.
For information regarding HUD's Manufactured Home Dispute Resolution Program, please visit http://www.huddrp.net/
James Martin with HUD is the point of contact for homeowners experiencing problems with their manufactured homes.
- 2021 Licensed Retailers and Installers
Included in the State Building Code are the following chapters which deal with factory built structures (manufactured homes and modular buildings):
- 661 Iowa Administrative Code, Chapter 16 - Factory Built Structures
- 661 Iowa Administrative Code, Chapter 322 - Manufactured Housing Support and Anchorage Systems
- 661 Iowa Administrative Code, Chapter 323 - Temporary Emergency Use of Factory Built Structures - Commercial Use
- 661 Iowa Administrative Code, Chapter 372 - Manufactured or Mobile Home Retailers, Manufacturers, and Distributors
- 661 Iowa Administrative Code, Chapter 374 - Manufactured Housing Installer Certification
- Manufactured Home Installer Application for Certification
- Manufactured Home Installer Application for Re-Certification
- Manufactured Housing Manufacturer License Application
- Manufactured Housing Retailer License Application
- Application for Approval Modular Structure Manufacturer
- Application for Approval Third Party Agency Modular Structure
- Intent to Install Form
- Manufactured Installation Certificate - New Home
- Manufactured Installation Certificate - Resets
- Modular Structures Compliance Certificate
- Factory-Built Structure Compliance Certificate
- Factory-Built Structure Modular Code Compliance and Installation Certificate
- Surety Bond Form