These instructions outline how to log in, reset your password, change your name or personal information, and print your Direct Care Worker Registry card.
- At least one business week after you have tested, visit the Direct Care Worker Registry. Note that for the best user experience, DIA recommends using the application in Chrome, Edge, or Safari browsers.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, there is a menu. Click "Login," which is the second button from the top.
- Choose either Google or Microsoft to login. This will take new users to the Registration page (everyone is a new user in the new database that was first published May 4, 2021). A user does not need a Gmail or Microsoft email address, but must have (or create) an account with either Google or Microsoft, with their current preferred email address.
- On the "Register" page, select the "Direct Care Worker" option.
- You will need to use one or all of the following ways to complete your account registration:
- Email lookup
- User lookup
- Contact DIA
- If you successfully connect to your account through email or user lookup, you will be taken to your account. If you need to contact DIA for registration, access will be granted once your account is set up.
- Once you have created your account and have registered, you can log in to your account. Go to the Registry home page and click "Login" in the upper right corner of the page.
- Choose the authorization with which you registered, either Google or Microsoft. You will be recognized by the OAuth providers and automatically signed in based on your user credentials.
- On the home screen, your basic information and details are viewable and editable. You can update your personal contact information and if you are in "Active" status, you may view and print your registry card.
Questions? Please contact the Iowa Direct Care Worker Registry staff at DCW@dia.iowa.gov, 515.281.4077 , or 515.281.0108.
Registry hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The department is closed on all State holidays.