These instructions outline how to log in, reset your password, change your name or personal information, and print your Direct Care Worker Registry card.
- At least one business week after you have tested, visit www.dia-hfd.state.ia.us.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, there is a menu. Click "Login," which is the second button from the top.
- Next, two boxes will appear in the middle of the screen requesting an Account ID and Password. Do not try to create an Account ID or password, as they have already been set.
The Account ID is the last four digits of your Social Security number, an underscore, and the first initial of your first and last name, in capital letters. It will look similar to this: 6789_FL.
The Password will be the first five digits of your Social Security number, an underscore, and the first initial of both your first and last name, in capital letters. It will look similar to this: 12345_FL.
If the message “Invalid User Credentials” appears on your first and second attempts to log in, please contact the registry (see below). You may have the same last four digits and initials as another person on the registry and will have a different special character in your account ID and password.
- You will be requested to set up five security questions.
- You will then be asked to create a new password. The password must be at least eight characters long with at least one of each of the following: 1) a capital letter, 2) a lower case letter, 3) a special character (#&$), 4) and a number. The system will require you to reset your password every two or three months for security purposes.
Occasionally the system will bypass the creation of the password and take you directly to your home page in the system. If this happens, log off. Then click "Forgot Password" and answer your baseline questions.
- Once you log back in with your new password, you will be taken to your own home page within the database. You can navigate anywhere within your record from here, and you can also print your card from this page as well.
- To find out your current status and if your employers have reported your employment to the Registry, click the Demographics tab, which is the second to the last button in the menu.
The first section on this page will have editable fields where you can correct personal information and update the system.
The second section lists the status of your CNA certificate. To work in a nursing home, skilled care facility, or larger hospitals, you must show as active on the Iowa Direct Care Registry. You can be in "No Test" or "No Employment" status and work as a CNA in home health care, assisted-living programs, hospice, intermediate or residential care facilities, elder group homes, CDAC, etc. using the course completion certificate received at the end of your class.
Your CNA certification never expires and you should keep your course completion certificate somewhere safe so you can provide copies of it to employers at their request. If at any time you need a copy of your course completion certificate, you should contact the college or entity that issued it to you. DIA does not keep copies of course completion certificates. Only your ability to work in a long-term care (LTC) facility expires after two years of no reported eligible CNA employment.
The third section lists all the reportable employment for your certificate that is either long-term care, non-LTC hospital units, hospice, ambulatory surgery centers, or home health care. If there is a gap of more than two years between any reportable employment you have had, you are ineligible to work in LTC facilities until the gap has been filled with additional reportable employment or you retake and pass both the written and skills state competency exams.
- To print your card: 1) Turn off the pop-up blocker feature on your internet browser. 2) Click the tab that says Print DCW Card, which is the last button in the menu. 3) A picture of your card will come up and you can print it from this screen. If the printer icon does not appear for the window, click "Ctrl+P" on your keyboard to access the print screen.
Questions? Please contact the Iowa Direct Care Worker Registry staff at DCW@dia.iowa.gov or 515.281.4077.
Registry hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The department is closed on all State holidays.
If you have computer/technology issues, please email the OCIO help desk at email@example.com, or call 515.281.5709 or toll free at 800.532.1174.